The GALVANOPLAST Group’s head office is based in Franche Comté, in the middle of a rich pool of metallurgical industries. A family business created in 1959 by Jacques Cordonnier, the GALVANOPLAST Group has experienced continuous growth. Supported until 1975 by nearby automobile production sites, the Group has become one of the major players in the surface treatment market.
Since 1975, the Group’s companies have developed their activities in technical coatings and diversified into all the automotive, building, agricultural and transportation construction, electrical and leisure industries. Jean & Chaumont was the first site to apply the zinc flake coating and by the 1980s became the European leader. In anticipation of changes to the market in 2011, the Jean & Chaumont, Galvanoplast and Zindel Companies merged under the Galvanoplast Group banner and are the first French anti-corrosion cluster.